Monday, September 28, 2009

Darn Parks...

Not to overshadow my previous post that has only been on for about 24 hours, but I have a new event that happened today that's blog worthy.

Today, like any other day, our friend came over to see us when she got home from work. As usual, Hailey wanted to go play at her house so she did. I get a text from Lezlee saying that they were going to go to the park. Sounds fun, huh?!

Well, 20 minutes later, I hear them come walking in the house. Usually, it goes something like this... (a LOUD door opening) then Hailey screaming "MOM! I'm HOME!"

today was a little different. It went more like this... "um, Tiff? We're back a little early cuz we had a slight accident."

I come out of my room to see Lezlee holding a very scared little Hailey. Hailey reaches for me, begins to cry and as the hand-off is taking place, we see blood all down the back of Hailey's shirt.

Yes, I said blood. So we CUT her shirt off of her, not knowing where the blood is coming from. Her back was scraped up and we noticed that her hair was completely saturated in the back with blood.

What happened was, she was at the park, reached for the monkey bars, her hands slipped and she hit the back of her head on a metal landing before then proceeding to fall and hit the ground. OUCH! it makes my stomach cringe just thinking about it. I'm glad I didn't see it.. I would have nightmares. However, I feel horrible that Lezlee DID see it.

So, her back is scraped up and her head is split open. We take her to the instacare after having a good friend who is a nurse check her out at home. By this time, she's feeling better after having a little medicine to help with the pain.

At the instacare, we find out she will definitely need staples! DOUBLE OUCH!
So, they put some numbing cream on a gauze pad and ask me to hold it on her head for 15 minutes. YEAH RIGHT! We all know Hailey won't let anyone TOUCH her for 15 minutes let alone with a huge gash in her head! So the smart lady at the front desk asked the nurse to come wrap her head so that it would stay. Genious!



Then, they had to clean it. Yes, this was brutal. She had to lay on her stomach on a chair with her head in her hands while they covered her with towels to keep the blood from running all over everything and then they shot streams of water onto it to clean it out with water pressure. Poor thing. She did NOT like that.

Then came the staples. Enough said.

Now, she's sound asleep. At least for now. I'm praying that it doesn't cause her too much irritation while she sleeps. After the last few days and nights she and I have had, she needs all the sleep she can get.



As for Lezlee.. she was a mess. She felt horrible and was shaking a good part of the afternoon over the unfortunate event, but i'm just so glad to have such good friends that care so much about my sweet girls.

so now, at the close of this CRAZY day, I bid farewell and plead... sleep tight little H.. you'll feel better tomorrow!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Hailey and poor Lezlee! That must have been very scarey for all 3 of you.

The Staheli's said...

OH MY!!!! Poor girl. :( That had to have been so traumatic for everyone involved! I hope she got a good night rest and feels better today. Love you Hailey!

Valerie Mom said...

Hailey is such a tough little girl. You and Lezlee probably were in worse shape than she was. I'm glad to hear her night was pretty good. Kids heal so fast, she'll be as good as new in no time. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

what an absolute nightmare for you guys....I am praying for her recovery.

Becca said...

Geez. stressful! You got an adorable picture of Hailey with a bandage wrapped around her head though. :) I need to buy you cafe rio SOON (since you've made me lunch like...3 times. ha). So let's pick a day and eat delicious food and.....you can show me how to digital scrapbook. ha. By the way, the pics you took of Bry are STILL my favorite. seriously. Wish i had your skills.

Hope Hailey gets feeling and sleeping better soon! I have been thinking a lot about you the last few days and hoping things are ok. :)

This is Us said...

Poor Hailey. I hope she is feeling better and you have been able to get a little sleep. Considering what a monkey she is, it's surprising you don't have more moments like this.

Unknown said...

Wow that is so brutal! Poor Hailey, and Lezlee too! She's such a tough cookie. Darn Parks!

Marce said...

tiffffff! holy cow- how awful for that cute lil hailey bug. what a trooper she is. and i can't believe Lezlee was there for it all!! i can just imagine her cheeks all flushed red as she shook...so sad. i'm so glad you had friends there to be with you through it all. sending you a big hug and a kiss on hailey's head! xoxo