Saturday, September 19, 2009

TuTu Girl

I've mentioned in a previous post that i've been in the 'crafty' mood lately. Maybe it's just more of a 'homemaking' mood, but nonetheless, it feels good. It feels good to use my imagination and make some things at home that my family can enjoy without the expense.

So, as Nate and I sit up watching Alias into the late late hours of the night, I have tried my hand at making a tutu for Hailey. It took one night and she loves it. It's a little big on her, but oh well.



Along with this, i've made sock puppets, journals, peach melba jam, edible play dough, built a shelf in my laundry room, organized my food storage, painted re-decorated my bedroom and a few other things. and to continue tooting my own horn, I've even made dinner every night this week!!!! Ugh, just talking about it makes me feel exhausted. At the same time, it feels good to put myself to use and know that if I put my mind to it, I can get a lot accomplished!


Now, just to keep it up. In the past, I have noticed that these spurts of energy come and go quickly, so we'll see how long it lasts!

4 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Tiff, I love your bedroom! It looks great! And the tutu is adorable, I bet she is loving it! It always feels so good to get on those creative super homemaker mom drives, and get a ton done! Hailey's hair is getting so long! I hope you are going to be around next weekend because we are coming up for a few days and I would love to get together. I will call you when we figure out all the details. Have a great day!!

Valerie Mom said...

OK should I shoot myself now? Way to make me feel like a real loser. No, just kidding! It's always good to have someone out there to be a role model. Hailey looks adorable, and I love your room.

The Staheli's said...

Tiff, LOVE THE TUTU!!!! Wanna make 9 of them in red for our Christmas dance concert? Haha!!! Just kidding. You are so talented...keep up the good work. :)

Anonymous said...

you impress me and now i want to try my hand at more homemaking crafts and such!
LOL