Sunday, September 27, 2009

Confession

I have a confession. I have favorites. I know in life you should try to not play favorites, but I can't help it. I have my favorite people.

Let me introduce you to them.



Don't be jealous... I'm justified in having these three as my favorite people. I'll explain.

Nate: he's my best friend. has been for a long time. There is nobody I can imagine spending the rest of my life and eternity with. He's smart. He's funny... well, he thinks he is, anyways! He's genuine. He's dedicated. He's extremely good looking. He's loving. He's the best dad. He's talented. He's happy. He's thoughtful. He's nice. Best of all: he's mine. And I will love him forever!

Hailey: she's a monkey. She's beautiful. she's funny. She's happy. she's super smart. she's busy. she's loud. she's goofy. she's antagonistic. she's persistant. she's got great hair. she has such a sweet sprit. she is my friend. she's a great big sister. she teaches. she's active. she makes me laugh-A LOT. Best of all: she's mine. and I will love her forever!

Addy: she's sweet. she's got gorgeous eyes. she's trusting. she's happy. she's loving. she's cuddly. she's playful. she's into everything. she's picked on. she's in love with her big sister. she wants to do everything she does. she makes me smile a lot. she is a daddy's girl. she's blonde (seriously?) she's got such pretty skin. she's warm. she's kind. Best of all: she's mine. and I will love her forever!

The other night, I walked in to see this:



It made me smile.
It almost made me cry.
It happens all the time yet, I never seem to get enough of it, and it never seems less important than the millions of times it happened before.

They are my life.

How blessed I am...

Best of all: They're Mine.

And I will love them forever.

4 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

nothing better than daddy/daughter time! I feel the same way about my three. I don't know if you felt this way, but before charlotte came I was worried I wouldn't love her as much, so silly to think about now, I can't remember life without them. you have an adorable family and, I would be jealous, except I have one of my own!

Kendra said...

those moments tug on your mom nervous don't they! i love seeing great dad's hangin out with their girls :)

Jamie said...

That's priceless! What a great daddy! I can't believe I wasn't one of your favorites. I see how it is! JK

Kris said...

What a sweet post and pics. And let me add to Addy: she is a trooper! You're right - she's picked on...(i.e. like when Logan pulled her hair out the other day - cringe) but she pulls through so well. Too well. :-) You have a sweet little family.