Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Preschool 2011-2012

We've been doing a lot of tossing and turning with descisions on what we should do about preschool next year. Some of the questions we had in our minds were:

Should we move to 3 days a week for Hailey?
Should we just stick with the two days a week?
Should we have her stay at the same place?
Should we find somewhere closer to home?
Should we put Addy in preschool?

These are only a few of the many questions we were dealing with.

Well, we finally came to a conclusion. After a lot of prayer and thought, we have decided that we are keeping Addy home one more year and keeping Hailey at two days a week. I am just realizing how precious my time is with them when they are young. They grow up so fast.

I'm not worried about Hailey's transition into kindergarten after only having 2 days a week at preschool. I'm confident she'll be just fine.

We have also decided to change what preschool she will be attending. We have our reasons.

With that said, I am SO excited about the new school she will be attending. AND, after some reasearch and asking around, I have found that it's an AMAZING school and private school.

Introducing: Kids Village


So, this is what you see when you walk in. The tree is a reading tree where the kids can escape inside and read away.

The classes that are available to Hailey throughout the year are:
Math, Reading, Writing, Science
as well as
Cooking, Music, Arts & Crafts and Foreign Language.

There are more, but these are the main ones.
Each of the classes are set up SO cute. I can't even describe it on this post. You just have to check it out yourself.

Let's get one thing clear. I'm SO not worried about Hailey academically. I don't feel the need to have her excel in preschool. I'm just thrilled that she has a huge opportunity for learning some really fun stuff. 

Hailey is very excited which makes it all worth it. I took her there so she could take a tour and decide if she wanted to go there and she could not have been more excited about it. 

So, for now, i'm very excited to have this decision out of the way. She's been signed up, the deposit has been made to secure her spot and now I don't have to think about it anymore! :-)

2 comments:

Allison said...

To preschool or not to preschool, that is the question we've been tossing around lately too. Although if we had a place like that here, the decision would be so much easier- of course you want Hailey to go there, I would almost consider moving to Utah just for that preschool! I'm excited to see/read/hear how her year goes there!

The Staheli's said...

Looks super fun! I'm glad you and Hailey are both excited about it. That makes all the difference.