Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Man oh man.. I am ready for winter to end and the yuck to go away.


Valentines Day this year was a bust. Nate and I have never really been fans of this holiday, but whatever. It's fun for the kids. That's the best part.


I always tell Nate to not get me flowers. Here's why. I use to manage a flower shop. I was a florist once upon a time and I KNOW how much they mark up the price on flowers for that holiday. I just think it's pretty ridiculous. But that's just me.


But, a few weeks ago, he did get me a little present. Whether it was an early Valentine's Day present or not, I love it.  He got me a flip video camera. It's great. I'm not gonna lie.


For him, since we aren't eating sugar, I got him a gift basket FULL of snacks. He's a snacker.. especially at night when he's just hanging out, watching tv.


For the girls, Nate brought home a bouquet of balloons for them with a card and new nightgowns that they have been wanting. Sorry, I don't have any pictures. This is why:


This is how we spent most of our Valentine's Day.
Hailey and Addy both had the flu.
It was complete with random high fevers, chills, no appetite, no energy, coughing, sneezing, wheezing..
you name it.
It was so sad.

Hailey and I did manage to make some Valentines that she could take to school at her Valentine's Party to give to her classmates.
Simple, but fun.



A few days later, she was feeling better and ready for her party at school.
She came home with this cute little envelope she had made that held all her treats and Valentine's from her friends. (Do you remember making those in school? I do!)


At least they are feeling better. 
Aside from the constant waterfall of snot and symphony of coughs that come
 from their room all night long.

I'm sad we didn't get to do fun kid-like valentine's stuff but here's to
 hoping for a sick-less Valentine's in 2012!

2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Sad that the kids were sick! :( Looks like you guys were able to make the best of the situation. Super cute Valentines. Hopefully everyone is feeling ALL better! ♥ ya!

Carmen said...

So sad that they were so sick, the picture of them on the floor is SAD but awesome at the same time, glad you captured the moment, even if it was a bad one. Hopefully everyone is healthy now