Friday, February 11, 2011

What a Day...


Week, I should say. It's been very... I don't even know the words. But instead of listing why this week completely sucked, I haven't blogged about something I've been meaning to for a while now. 


This...



Notice the amazing array of colors around her right eye?
Nope, it's not makeup.
Yep.. it IS a black eye.
And this was taken when it was actually looking a ton better. 
While in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago, Addy lost her footing on my parent's stairs and 
fell, slamming her face into one of the bars on the railing. She got an instant black eye and it was
pretty swollen. 
So sad.

Currently, I sit in my girl's bedroom, in the dark, blogging because one of them is puking and the other one has a temperature of 102.5. The one that's puking doesn't really surprise me because I caught her in the basket of snacks today eating all the fruit snacks. The one with the fever doesn't really surprise me because she has a cold. Alas, here I sit, making sure they both fall asleep peacefully before I head downstairs and probably cry. Just because it's a long time coming.  You know how sometimes you just gotta? This week has been one of those times.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

So sorry, friend. Sick kids are the worst. And this week was pretty miserable here, too. And I've already cried several times today. So let it all out! Let me know how I can help you!

Allison said...

I totally know what you mean... well as far as the crying and sick kids- especially the one sneaking all the fruit snacks, that must be genetic :P Love ya, wish we could do something to help!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

So sad! Well at least we had a good night out right? A couple hours to cool off before going back to reality. But sad that your little angels aren't well :(.

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

So sad for a bad week. Hope the kiddos are better soon. I think you're missing chocolate. It's been almost two months since you've had any sweets and that is bound to make you a little sad especially at this time of year(just kidding.) Hopefully things will seem a little better in the morning when the sun is shining. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend.

Carmen said...

Love you!!!

Nibarger said...

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear the weeks been icky! If I can do anything let me know! Hope the girls get to feeling better!

Kris said...

Bummer - sorry you had one of "those" weeks. If there's anything I can help with please give me a ring! Love you.

MEG said...

Oh boy do I hear you, girl! Why does it all come down on the same week? I guess that's a good thing maybe? If it's gonna suck, might as well pile it all on. Then you can enjoy the good weeks without any disruption.

I hope your babies feel better - and I sure hope I get to see you at church tomorrow - and I hope you did get a good cry.

Love you!
MEG

Jamie said...

CALL ME! Nothing better than a good rant. Trust me! I hope your girls get to feeling better soon and that you get a little break. Wish I was there to bring you a mommy survival kit. Love you!