Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm a Big Girl Now!

Addy is now completely potty trained... accept for night time.
YAHOO!!!!
No more diapers!!
DOUBLE YAHOO!!!

The best part about it all... Hailey trained her.
Yep, you heard me right.
Monday, Addy had two accidents on the floor.
Hailey didn't think it was very fair that Addy was getting treats every time she went potty in the toilet.
So, I told her that if she could help me in reminding Addy to go often, then she could also get treats when Addy went.

Well, from that point on, I rarely had to remind Addy. Hailey would even wipe her! :-) Maybe a little too much info for some of you.

So, since Monday, no accidents, and I don't have to remind her anymore. We even had church on Sunday and she was just great in letting us know when the time had come!

Such a little super star.

We were at some friends house last night which is a house she's not very familiar with and I saw her a few times go into the bathroom all by herself and come out with pants pulled up, announcing, "I just had to go potty."

I give all credit to Hailey and i'm so. so. so. glad its done!

p.s. I have a really cute picture of Addy in a pull-up with a VERY excited look on her face but some people are weird about naked kid pictures, even though she's in a pull-up so I chose not to post it.

7 comments:

Allison said...

BEST.POST.EVER!!!! Please send Hailey to my house ASAP, thanks! LOL

Torrie and the girls said...

what a great idea! thanks Hailey ;)

Kristy said...

Yay! Are you renting Hailey's services out? Because OP has zero motivation for potty training and I have zero fight in me to do it! :)

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

Haha love it love it! I love their cute little friendship. And even though Hailey's motivation was treats, I'm sure she was doing it all out of love for her little sissy :)

Nibarger said...

YAY!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!!! Now you don't have to worry about going anywhere!

Jamie said...

Yay Addy! And YAY! no more diapers. I can't wait for that day. I hope Kaylee will be as helpful as Hailey when the time comes. Enjoy your new freedom!

Danny and Amber Koller said...

yay Addy! You are such a big girl now. Nice work Hailey