Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lil' Climber

Nate took Hailey to climb the "Y" this morning. He's been talking to her about it all week and she has been so excited. She's been looking forward to a 'Daddy/Daughter Date' for some time now. The morning came and she couldn't wait. She helped me pack a backpack with some snacks, water, band aids and a jacket and they were off.  

Addy was pretty sad that she couldn't go, but felt better when I told her she could pick out a treat at Costco to bring home. She chose chocolate covered raisins. Great choice.

About an hour and a half after they left, I get a phone call from Nate and Hailey saying that they were sitting at the top of the "Y". I couldn't believe it. I really didn't think she'd make it up there all the way. It's quite the climb. Hailey told me they did a ton of exploring. Her words were "mom, I made it to the "Y" and I found a roley poley and a centipede!"  When they got home, she kept telling me they saw a beaver, to which Nate always had to correct her and say it was a squirrel. :-)

I took this picture while I was on the phone with them and they were describing to me that they were at the very top left end. Pretty cool to have a picture of it while they were actually there.



It was so great that the weather held up for the morning...












I'm so glad they went and had such a fun adventure together. 

2 comments:

Going Full Hippie said...

So fun! I've been trying to get my kids to climb the Y with me for ages, but we always make it to about the second switchback before they poop out and start crying. Maybe one at a time would be better for them.

Congrats to Hailey, what a fun adventure!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

That is darling! I've told Jay several times that I want to hike it and he'll always have a silly excuse. If Hailey can do it, we sure can! What a little trooper!