Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


 Most of you who know me well, know that I'm not a fan of Mother's Day.
There's just something about it.

This year, it was better.

 I was still running around like crazy getting myself and two little girls ready for church, oh, and Nate too, he usually needs help getting ready for church. What is it with boys? :-)

But, it was better.
I am so in love with my girls, I can't even describe it.

I am unbelievably grateful for the opportunity to raise a couple of the best little girls.
The knowlege that Heavenly Father has intrusted me with two of his children is beyond belief.
To be a mother is one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive.

I love my little monkeys and I don't know what I would do without them.
I love you Hailey and Addy... with all my heart.
Thanks for being my babies and for being such great girls. I love spending my days with you two.


Another thing that just made my day was that we have some Hawaiian friends that are neighbors. They have always spoiled us. They have allowed us to be part of many of their family and extended family gatherings and we have just been so blessed to know them. Saturday night, before Mother's Day, we walked to their house where they were selling some Hawaiian necklaces and hair pieces,etc. They gave me both a handpainted necklace and a hair piece straight from the Island itself. "Happy Mother's Day" they said.

Sunday morning, I was in the foyer at church with my girls giving them a snack when Moana walked right up to me, said, "Happy Mother's Day" again to me and presented me with this gorgeous Lei they had made. Yes, it was made of fresh Plumerias.  
What a great friend, and what a great day.
I'm so blessed to be surrounded by so many great people.


And to you, Nate... Thanks for being my everything and for giving me my dream..
A chance to be a mom.
Love you babe.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The lei is gorgeous! You are the best mom ever!

Kris said...

That is so beautiful! I bet it smelled wonderful too. Happy mothers day, glad this year was much better for you. You're the best and a wonderful example to me.

Allison said...

I want Hawaiian neighbours! Haha! That lei is beautiful and what a nice gesture. PS We wore the same skirt on Mother's Day, what are the odds of that?!

Marce said...

You are adorable, Tiff. I love the lei- so pretty. YOU are so pretty! and of course your girls are too. Man, I wish we lived close still! So bad!! Ahhh life. Sending you a hug.

PS I"m lovin the new blog layout/header too! So fun to see all of those pictures- I can't believe Addy and Ellie are both almost three. What happened to our babies???? Craziness.