Friday, May 6, 2011

News From My Side

 Since my blog has become more of a Journal for me rather than a cool place to show off how cute my family is, I thought I should add some important news-like things that have happened recently.

First off, we got a new niece.
Meet Macey.



Isn't she precious?

She is the sweet daughter of my brother Jared and his wife Jenna.  She looks so much like her siblings, Gavin, Preston and Marley. She weighed 6.9 lbs and was 19 inches long. She was born April. The best month. :-) We are really excited to have her in the family and I can't wait to snuggle her in person.

Next is a bit of sad news. My nephew Hudson, Damon and Summer's little man had to have an extensive head surgery.  His head was growing into an abnormal shape causing some squishiness on the brain which could eventually turn into some developmental problems if it's not fixed. So, after some meetings with the neurosurgeon and plastic surgeon that would be performing the surgery, the end result was that they had to cut from the eyebrows to the bottom of the skull, open him up and do a complete reconstruction of his skull.

Um... no thanks. It was such a scary situation for all of us but mostly for his parents. After family prayers and fasts, his 6.5 hour surgery went very well and he's home and recovering quickly.

Before Surgery



After Surgery & Recovering




Thank goodness everything went well.
And Macey, we can't wait to meet you baby girl!

4 comments:

MEG said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for little Hudson. :( :(

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

Oh my goodness that poor, sweet boy. So glad everything went well. Yay for Macey! How precious.

The Staheli's said...

Congratulations on a new niece! And good luck to Hudson in his recovery. Poor guy. :(

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

Sweet new baby girl Macey. Can't believe they have 4 kids. Poor little Hudson and his mom and dad. He looks great, though! Modern medicine is certainly miraculous.