Monday, August 29, 2011

Barrus Family Reunion

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to attend the Barrus Family Reunion.  We almost didn't go because in the morning, Hailey had a soccer game and Nate was working in Salt Lake all day, so it was just going to be the three of us going. I wasn't really sure I wanted to drive out to the cabin myself and not be home when Nate got back from Salt Lake.  But, at the last minute, I decided to go. I'm SO glad we went.

The cabin we went to is owned by very generous family members who threw one heck of a party! It was definitely a day to remember. This place was amazing. Seriously one of THE MOST gorgeous cabins and property I have ever seen.  It was so nice of them to allow us such a fun and exciting day.














Jordan, Melissa and I were realizing that jumping on a tramp isn't as easy as it use to be. We all got tired REALLY fast.  But Carmen also got some great pictures.







I have to give props to Jordan for his flips looking the best, although, he needs to point his toes. :-)

















This video is of Addy and Me on the swing. She was pretty nervous about it, but loved it.


Hailey on the other hand... She's CRAZY. This was her second time going almost to the top. The first time she really did go ALL the way up and it scared the pants off me. It scared her at first too, but then she loved it. The second time she still went pretty high, but not like her first.  Also, it's a little decieving. Videos and pictures don't do it justice for how high it really is. Aside from that, you have to really hold yourself in since it pulls you up from the back of the swing. At times you feel like you'll just fall out while being pulled up, hence the reason I was so nervous about Hailey doing it.


This was Hailey going on the Zip Line all by herself. I didn't want her to go alone, but she insisted and I 
finally gave in, but it scared me so bad. She of course, loved every minute of it.


She did end up getting stuck over the water and they had to pull her in, but she loved it.
It was such a great day and one that we will remember forever. The girls had a blast and woke up this morning asking if we could go to the cabin today. :-)
I don't blame them.
Thanks Steve and Kalleen for such a great day.



2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Great pictures. Wish we could have made it. :)

This is Us said...

So much fun, and great videos. You could've done without the pictures of me :)