Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of Preschool Year 2

Today was Hailey's first day at the Kid's Village Preschool. She has been so excited about going to this school.  At the beginning of the year, we took a tour of the school and I knew immediately that even though it was a little more expensive than the school she attended last year, it would be worth every cent. I am very impressed with this school. If you want to see more about it, you can see my post here.


Last week, we had a 'meet & greet' with her teacher Miss Farrah and she is amazing. Hailey loved her instantly. 


Her schedule is as follows:

        Tuesday                                  Thursday
Class time: 9am - 9:30                          Class Time: 9am - 9:30
Cooking Class: 9:30-10:00                   Science: 9:30 - 10am
Class time: 10:00- 10:30                       Class Time: 10:00 - 10:30
Arts & Crafts: 10:30 - 11am                Music: 10:30 - 11:00
Class time: 11:00 - 11:30                     Class Time: 11:00 - 11:30


She said they learned about manners and when to use your fingers to eat or when to use utensils.  Then they got to have a snack that they could use their fingers for. :-)



 

The cute little bags the school provides for each child so they don't have to carry crazy huge back packs. They also wear aprons with their name on them as their 'uniforms'. I think it's such a great idea. 






We get there to drop her off and i'm thinking she's going to be a little emotional or at least want us to walk her in to her class but instead, she jumps out of the car, runs into school all the while waving at us saying 'BYE!'

Our little free soul.
Here's to a great preschool year.

3 comments:

MEG said...

OH MY GOSH! I had toured that school for Axton because it is on the way to my work! I loved it! Was there a waiting list? Maybe I'll sign him up next opty and we can carpool?!!!

Allison said...

Sounds awesome! She's hilarious, I love all her crazy faces!

Kris said...

I'm glad day #1 was so good for her at her new school! I love her attitude in her first pose and LOVE the pic of you and her together - so sweet!