Thursday, September 1, 2011

Potty Breaks and Going Insane


I don't know what was up with my girls tonight, but it was just exacerbating.

Have you ever had days where you just feel overrun?  Today was one of those days.

Let me explain.

Tonight, at 5pm, Hailey had a soccer game, to which she made 1 goal. Yippee!! Go Hailey!! Before her game, she had to go potty. Addy as well. Nate took them since I was busy setting up our umbrella and chairs.

After the game, we were heading up the dreadful Geneva Rd. a midst awful construction when Addy says "mommy I gotta go potty really bad".  After being stuck in traffic and having nowhere to go, I finally pull off the road and find a plastic baggy. Yes, you heard me. It was a sandwich bag. You gotta do what you gotta do right?

On we went.

We pull up to Home Depot less than 10 minutes later when Hailey announces that she needs to go potty. So, we go running to find the restroom at the back of the store.

My GOODNESS..

We go on with our shopping when Addy turns to me and says "I need to go potty".   SERIOUSLY??
To the back of the store we go, AGAIN.

This time, the potty-ness HAS to be over.  So, back to shopping we go, which by the way, wasn't really shopping. It was picking out color for the paint on our deck. That's another story.

I'm standing back in my spot with Nate for no more than 1 minute when Hailey tugs on me and says "I need to go again."

I'm about to swear at this point, but instead, I bite my tongue and head to the back of the store a third time.
After making our decision, we leave and head to Nate's softball game. We arrive after about 15 minutes and Addy announces she has to go again, so guess what? Luckily I had another sandwich baggy in the car. I'm such a prepared mom, I know.

A few minutes later, while sitting in the van eating Del Taco for dinner, Hailey says she needs to go again.   Heavens to Betsy! So, we rush off to the bathrooms at the park.

She drank a ton of water at her softball game and it spiraled into a series of potty breaks that were oh-so-frustrating.  I feel bad getting frustrated because it's not like it's their fault or anything, but my goodness. After all that, i'm just glad we had no accidents because I was NOT prepared for that. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Hannah girls!!! That is a lot of potty breaks! Baggys - good idea!

Allison said...

Just fit them with catheters and baggies on nights like those :P That's brutal, I'm almost grateful mine are in diapers, almost...