Monday, November 14, 2011

All About Hailey

I still can't believe that 5 years ago you made your appearance into this world and my life. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. You were immediately nicknamed our little papoose! You had really dark skin and black hair. A lot of it, too.  You were quite the little snuggler, even though now, you'd rather throw a punch to the gut than to snuggle. :-) You snuggle me, it's Daddy and uncle Ben that you like to 'wrestle' with.  Over the years, I feel like I have really gotten to know you. I know that you love people with all your heart. You really get attached.  I know that when you laugh, I mean REALLY laugh that your chin folds into your neck a little.. it's really cute.  I know that you love to go to the store, but only if you can get a donut.  I know that you could care less what clothes I put you in every day, but I also know that you are great at picking out your own clothes to get dressed in when i'm not around to help.  I know that when you're sad, really sad that you bury your head so nobody can see the look on your face.  I know that when you try to be serious, you can't. You laugh every time. I know that if you don't want to do something that's hard, you usually do it just to prove to us you can. I love that about you.  I know that you love sharing a room with your sister and that you try to be sneaky and play after we put you to bed.  I know that you don't really like going to church. You say it's boring. I can understand, especially for you who is so busy all the time. It's hard to sit that long.  I know that you are the best negotiator I've ever known OR seen on TV. Seriously. It's amazing.  I know that you LOVE treats and you ask for them pretty much all day long. I know that you love animals. You would have every kind of animal living in our house if you could. Especially reptiles. Silly girl.  I know that you love art. Even just the other day your art teacher at preschool was telling me how amazing you are for your age.  I know that you love to run and jump. Literally. Everywhere we go, I have to remind you that you need to just WALK with me, not run. You would run everywhere if you could.  I know that you try really hard to be nice to people.  You have gotten so good at using good manners.  I know that you are the top reader in your age group at school.  It amazes me.  I know that you excel in everything that you try.  I hope you keep that up.  I know that you make my heart melt... a lot.  Sometimes the things you say or the ways you act just make me want to squeeze you forever.  I know that you LOVE to snuggle your dad in the mornings when you first wake up. He loves it too.  I know that you always wake up in a good mood.  I know that you love to play tag and ride your scooter or bike.  I know that you are good at taking turns with people.  I know that you are a responsible girl with things we ask you to do or take care of.  Most of all, I know that I love you with all my heart and that I don't know what I would do without my monkey.  You have really become my buddy and I just can't get enough of you.  Happy Birthday baby girl!  I can't believe you're 5!

Love, Mommy


This is a questionnaire that I filled out according to Hailey's answers. Such a fun thing to look back on some day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet, happy, fun, fearless, Hailey! We love you so much! So glad you're a part of our lives!

The Staheli's said...

Love this post. We love these girls. It's awesome to watch them grow and gain such distinctive personalities.