Monday, November 21, 2011

Become One...



Today I went to Walmart. I know, that's nothing new. However, this story is.  And it's hilarious, so get ready.  

I'm at the checkout when Hailey and Addy ask me for a quarter to go get a little something out of the machines in the Fun Center.  So, being the ULTRA-COOL mom that I am, I oblige and give them their request.  We go into the Fun Center and Addy immediately sticks her quarter in and out comes a miniature little rubber bunny. She's ecstatic.  Hailey just can't choose. This is nothing new. Hailey has a really hard time making decisions. She gets that from me, poor girl.  Finally, she decides she wants to do 'THE CLAW'. I explain to her that it's not very likely that she'll get something from those kinds of machines. 

She looks at me and says "mom, I know how to do it, I learned from Spongebob. You have to become ONE with the claw". 

After trying to get myself together from laughing SO hard, I agree to try.  She of course wanted me to do it for her.  She pointed out that she wanted the blue ball, so that's what I went for. And guess what?

I GOT IT!

Hailey is jumping up and down and saying "I told you! I told you!!"

Oh man, I walked out of that little room laughing so hard that I had to call Nate and immediately share our little experience.  He laughed hard, as I knew he would. So for you future 'CLAWERS' out there, here's a bit of advise from a 5 year old.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man, I love that kid so much!

Carmen said...

LOL, that is HILARIOUS! I will remember to "become one" with the machine next time I try. Gotta love her little faith:).

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

Wow! Great story. And just how does a person become "one" with the CLAW? I guess I just can't suspend my doubt long enough to do it. Good for you!!!

Brittani said...

I totally miss that little girl. She was always good for a laugh. Miss ya too Tiff