Thursday, November 24, 2011

Girl Time


It's something I don't get a lot of. In fact, it's extremely rare around here. The only girl time that happens around here is with a 3 year old and a 5 year old. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my girl time with my little ones, but you know, sometimes it's great to have Adult Girl Time.. and that's just what I got.

Since finding out the date for Breaking Dawn, my friend Jamie booked her flight.  She lives in Louisiana and aside from the quick trip she made for a funeral last summer, I haven't seen her in 2 years. We don't classify the last trip as 'seeing eachother' because really, we didn't. :-)  I've been looking forward to this trip for a very long time and so has Nate. I informed him of this well in advance so he would know what to plan for on his part.  So, basically, Jamie was staying at our house for 6 days and he would be in charge of the girls once he got home from work during her stay so we could go play.

I have a SUPERB husband.  Not only did he agree to this plan, he was excited FOR me.  Well, the day finally came and we (the girls and I) drove to the airport and picked her up. It was cold but beautiful out and a bit of a shock to her southern system. She managed though. 

That first night, we went to Color Me Mine. It's a Jamie-Tiff tradition.  As usual, we had an idea in mind of what we would be making, however, that idea quickly got thrown out the minute we got there and discovered these beauties:

Cookie Jars




We couldn't pass them up.  After carefully planning them and taping them and color scheming, we were ready.  There weren't many people there that night, so it was awesome. One of the great things about our relationship is that we can hang out and say NOTHING to each other and it's not awkward or weird.  I love that.  This is how our masterpieces turned out. Pretty dang cute if you ask me.




The next day, Thursday was the BIG night!!  

 BREAKING DAWN!!



My awesome sister in law is kind enough to include me on the opening night parties she does with her friends. Only those who are die-hard fans, such as ourselves are allowed.  She has connections to someone who rents out big theaters for special early showings of big movies. So, that evening, Jamie and I got all dolled up in our Breaking Dawn t-shirts and headed out to pick up Carmen, my sister in law.  Upon arriving, we noticed that Carmen needed a little something extra with her attire, so we forced her to buy a t-shirt as well to wear with us. :-)  Although, there wasn't much forcing needed. She was equally excited once she tried it on.  Then, we met up with some of her friends at Paradise Cafe in American Fork for some yummy, soup, salads & sandwiches.  After eating, we headed to Thanksgiving Point at the Mammoth Theater and waited for our showing which was at 9pm.  It was CRAZY!!! They were serving 'Wedding Cake' (for Bella and Edward's Wedding) and giving out ring pops with an invitation to the wedding attached. It was pretty awesome.







 We snapped a couple pictures, purchased the Twilight Special which was a small popcorn, a candy & large drink for $5. (AMAZING)  Then, it was our time to go in.  Because it was a special showing they were giving out water bottles, hats, etc. Also, there were no previews. We just jumped right in to the movie. SO FUN!

The next day, Friday, Jamie spent with her family. Then on Saturday, as soon as Nate came home from the auction, and after we put up our Christmas Decor, we left for another girls night.  We picked up our finished pottery, then headed over to the Theater to see Breaking Dawn again. Yep, we are that awesome.  After the movie, we met up with our friends Megan and Kristi for dinner at Macaroni Grill. We had so much fun talking and laughing, especially with Kristi's wad of receipts in her poor little wallet. When asking her why she still keeps them all, her response was "just in case I have returns!" I pretty much couldn't stop laughing or crying, because it was JUST that funny. I have the best friends. 


 After dinner, we bid farewell and headed home. We were so exhausted after so many late nights that we just went home and Jamie hung out with me while I decorated our tree.

Sunday we spent being lazy, pretty much all day, till Jamie went to see her family again while we went to see ours for dinner. Monday, the dreaded day came and it was time to take her back to the airport. Our goodbyes pretty much stink. I don't know what it is, but we just can't seem to keep it together.  Much thanks to Ben, her husband for supporting this en-devour even though he just got back from a year long service to Afghanistan   We needed it and it was a blast. 

2 comments:

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

So fun!! Friends are the best. Make sure you always keep your friends in your life. You truly are blesssed to have so many that you can connect with, even if they do live far away!!!

The Staheli's said...

Looks so fun!! I'm glad you got to enjoy a night out...or several nights out...with the girls. :)