Friday, November 18, 2011

He Passed!!!!


A while back, I posted about Nate getting a new job. It's been going great, other than the stresses that come with starting something THAT new after a very long time at a different job. We feel extremely blessed. Nate seriously amazes me. He is a very intelligent person.  Way more intelligent than I ever expected.  Lately, at work, he's been studying for the ISM test. It stands for Information Storage & Management. Basically it's all about networks and how companies store their information and how it's secured.  It's a pretty insane test.  To give you an idea of how insane it is, the trainer told the group to not even plan on passing this test the first time. Also, they only needed a 60% to pass. The company paid for their training and for them to take the test as much as they needed before December.  It was VERY important that he pass this test.  However, most of the people hired were having a very difficult time passing.  Nate took the test the first time after a couple days of training for it and bombed it. It sucked.  So, back to more training. He took a break from it for a couple weeks merely because he said it just wasn't sinking in and that he didn't have the motivation to study for it... time was ticking. We only had a few weeks till December and he started more studying. He stayed late at work for a few days to continue studying. Those days he would leave at 7:30am and not get home till 8pm. It was crazy.  The night before the test which was Tuesday, November 15th, 2011, he took a practice test online and barely passed it so he was pretty worried for his test the next morning.   

I spent the morning getting ready for my friend Jamie to come to town and kept looking at the clock wondering how he was doing and if he was done yet.  I was at the gas station getting gas when Hailey yells at me from inside the car that "daddy was calling".  So, even though it's 'against the rules' at the gas station, I called him back and walked out to the parking lot away from the gas so I could find out how he did. His response after asking him how he was, was "i'm ok".   My next question was, "how did you do?"  His response: "I failed miserably."  I felt so bad for him. This test is terrible.  Then, he said "just kidding, I passed!"  

I couldn't believe it. I started screaming on the phone and turned around to see everyone in the gas station looking at me like I was some crazy person. I was so excited for him.  He and two other guys in his department took the test that morning and he was the only one to pass.  

I really am so relieved and so so proud of him.  He deserves this. He has worked so hard to get us where we are and I just want him to know how proud I am. He is amazing. 

Way to go BABE!!!!!   Love you!

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Super happy for him. I know he was very stressed about it. What a relief! :)

Carmen said...

YAY!!! So glad he passed, not surprised, but just glad. He really is amazing, he just keeps it so quiet. HAHA. (Nate the Great:).) Love you guys. Congrats.

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

Yes, yes, yes!! I'm so proud of Nate! This is a huge hurdle behind him and I'm so relieved that he can just enjoy this Holiday Season without this hanging over him. I'm proud of you, too, Tiff for how you have supported him.