Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little Rant...


So, I had to call my regular dentist this afternoon, on the way to my periodontist.  I had to call him because I have something sharp sticking out of my gums where my wisdom teeth were removed a month ago. My sister in law who is a hygienist, said it was most likely a piece of tooth that broke off or a root that is stuck. Awesome. It hurts. So, I made an appointment to go in and have that checked.

Back to the part where I was on the way to the periodontist. He checked my stitches and couldn't take some of them out due to all the crazy swelling I had. He also told me that my swelling and bruising (which extends all the way down my neck) is something he has NEVER seen before. Awesome. My kids call me shrek. Nate told me I shouldn't go to church yesterday because my face was SO green. Also, due to the swelling, I have to go back in next week once the swelling is (hopefully) completely gone so he can TRIM the gum graft. Apparently, the graft moved a bit so they have to do some cosmetic stuff to my gums. Awesome.  

I am still on the soft foods and liquids diet for a few more weeks at least. That includes the fact that I cannot bite into anything. At. ALL.    

I just want to go to Outback and have a steak already!!!!!!!!!   I'm STARVING for some REAL food.

1 comment:

Brittani said...

Tiff I am sooooo sorry!!!!! Lots of prayers your way. Ps Can I see you next week? I am coming to Utah :)