Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pumpkin Anyone?

My family has a tradition of making Pumpkin Pie Cake for Thanksgiving. Well, since we spent Thanksgiving alone, I didn't want to make a huge pan of it, since there is a lot that goes in to making it. So, instead I made it for Sunday dinner at my inlaws.  Ok, well, I went to the store, bought what I needed and made it. It looked beautiful, then, we had a little problem on the way to the oven...


I almost swore, I was so mad. Nate could tell, so he quickly ushered the girls upstairs for bath time.
After 2 rolls of paper towels, it was finally cleaned up and I was on my way back to the store to buy more stuff to make it again.
Why would I do that, you ask?
BECAUSE I WAS IN THE MOOD FOR IT
I WAS GOING TO WIN
the pumpkin pie cake battle.

It turned out great for the next day.

7 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Okay, I admit...I laughed. :)
I would have been mad too. AND, probably (definitely) would have sworn. Glad it worked out a little better the next time. :)

Allison said...

That's a pretty awesome story, and the picture is priceless. I can totally relate though, I have lived through moments like these too, builds character, right? Haha

Jamie said...

I honestly thought it was barf until I found the pan on the floor. I'm proud of you for not swearing because I totally would have. I hope your second attempt turned out.

Unknown said...

Oh Tiff...props for not swearing!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

SUCH a tragedy. But so worth pulling it together and trying again because it was SO good!

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

I laughed as well, but only because I can so relate! I think mine was homemade lasagna. I'm glad you tried again because it really is SO yummy!

Kris said...

Oh wow - I couldn't quite picture THAT when you told me about this incident :) 1)You're good because I'm pretty sure I would have swore, 2) you should make it again just so you can take an after picture (sounds yummy) and 3) I'd love the recipe. Way to win the battle.