Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vegas Cell Phone Pictures

The girls and I took off for Vegas last week. If you read my previous posts, that would be obvious. Aside from waiting for little Benson to arrive, we spent some time in the Sun.  One day we decided to go meet my dad for lunch. My dad works for Otis Elevator and is stationed at the Palms Hotel. This hotel houses one of the very best Mexican Restaurants, Garduños.  It's great because my dad knows all the cooks and they definitely take care of us when we are there.


After an amazing lunch, us girls (mom, Hailey, Addy and I) decided to go walk the strip a bit. We've never taken the girls down to the strip. In fact, WE never go down to the strip. Once upon a time, the strip went through a few years of being extremely family-friendly. Now it's back to it's old trashy self. Since my parents live there, we don't ever go to the strip. We are too busy doing other things when we visit. This time, I thought it would be fun to show Hailey my very favorite place on the strip, the Bellagio.  Across the street from the Bellagio is Hailey's favorite thing, the Eiffel Tower and the Paris Hotel.


waiting in line to ride to the top of the Eiffel Tower...



It was a pretty freaky ride to the top, all glass walls on the elevator, but the view from the top was breathtaking.



That night, I told my dad what we had done, and showed him the pictures. He proceeds to tell me he's actually worked on those elevators before and even CRAZIER, he has had to ride on the very top of the elevators before. He said when riding on the top, its all open and you feel the open air as you are riding hundreds of feet into the air. What the? Who in their right mind does that? I've heard a TON of crazy elevator stories over the years, but that made my stomach jump for sure.l

After the Eiffel Tower ride, we walked down in front of the Bellagio to enjoy the water show up close. When I lived in Vegas, I use to go there ALL the time with my friend Cassandra and we would just sit for hours and hang out enjoying music and the atmosphere.




The girls were in love with this crazy sparkly horse inside the lobby at the Bellagio.


Great Cell Phone Pictures, eh?

A couple nights later, we met up with my brother Jared and his family for dinner at my favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatos.  The girls were so excited to see their cousins. They were pretty awful the whole time at dinner because of their excitement.


Preston, Marley & Addy

 
Hailey & Gavin


Baby Girl Macy

It was just a great getaway from the cold air. I'm glad I got to spend time with family and friends.
It's the perfect winter vacation.


2 comments:

Brittani said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. We woke up to snow this morning and I was thinking that somewhere warmer sounded nice. Miss you guys :)

Marce said...

i love all the pictures you capture of your girls- even the cell-phone ones! such beautiful girls they are, like their mama. can't believe they're getting so grown up! it's been so long since we've seen you-- weird. miss you and think of you often! hope you're well. hug!