Wednesday, March 14, 2012

# 8


Yesterday was an interesting day. To say the least. It started off before Nate left for work, to which he hugged me and said "Happy Anniversary". Knowing it was going to be a crazy day, we looked at each other as if to say "oh well, we'll celebrate at some point, i'm sure".  Pretty sad, huh? We had absolutely NO plans to celebrate our 8th Anniversary.  

My day went like this:
Take Hailey to school. (in Orem/Lindon)
Go to Lowes & Walmart
Take groceries home. 
Drop packages off at UPS
Take garbage to the dump
Run to my in-laws
Pick Hailey back up from school.
Come home and work on a HUGE project I have been progressing through (that's for another post)
(meanwhile, take care of children)
Head off to ice skating lessons the minute Nate got home

This is the point where I got excited.  Nate said to me on the way to ice skating "I made reservations at Tucanos for all of us tonight after skating lessons". I was super excited, I can't even tell you. Then we got a dual cheer from the back of the van from my carnivore children who were extremely excited about the thought of steak for dinner. It was a great dinner. However, I feel a little guilty that I did absolutely NOTHING for him for our anniversary.  This is the first time in 8 years that I failed at celebrating in some way on the day of our anniversary. 



I definitely feel the need to express how blessed I am to be in such a SOLID relationship. Nate and I have been through a lot. I know most people will say that about their relationship, but believe me when I say, we've had to storm many more situations than most in the course of their courship and marriage. That's not to say, fellow friends, readers, that your lives are of lesser importance than mine. I am simply recording for my sake and my childrens sake, how deeply I feel for my great relationship with my husband.  Through the tuff times and the great times, I am here to say that I am the luckiest girl to have such an amazing husband to stand by my side through this crazy life.  I love that he's the last one I see at night and the first one I see in the morning. I love that just when I'm starting to feel like i'm having a crappy day, I get a text from him telling me how much he loves me. I love that I can call him out on his faults and he rolls with it and works harder. I love that he can do the same for me. I love that I can be myself around him more than anyone.  I love that I can go through my hormonal mood swings and he just understands and doesn't get bent out of shape about my latest rant.  I love that he never gets mad. I love that he loves our girls with all that he is. I love that he is so patient. I love that he gets along with everyone.  I love that everyone loves him. I love him. I love that we chose each other. For eternity.

Here's to a hopeful celebration in the near future. 

Happy 8th Nater!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Happy anniversary!!! I can't believe it's been 8yrs?! Time flies! You made a great choice and so did Nate, love you both!

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

so happy you are part of our family! What a blessing you have been to each other and to your children. Love you guys!