Saturday, March 24, 2012

Another Tuff Lil Girl


Yesterday we were hanging out at our neighbor (and good friends) house when all the kids went out the back door to play.  Diana and I were just chatting in the kitchen about amazing Ecuadorian Food she had just made and let me try... mmmm.. so good.... when suddenly, Hailey comes through the door with a purple, no breathing face from crying so hard. For those of you who know Miss Hailey well, know that she RARELY cries. Even when she gets hurt. This time, it was different. She was PRETTY upset.

 Then, I notice the blood coming from her mouth. It wasn't much, but I noticed it. Then, she was able to mutter the words, I bit my tongue. Well, of course I felt bad for her because 'who likes to bite their tongue'? That hurts! But, when looking at it, I noticed that she had bit ALL THE WAY THROUGH her tongue. She was on top a chicken coupe and fell off, biting through her little 5 year old tongue. Poor thing. I would cry hard too.  Diana gave her some crushed ice to eat and in no time she was feeling much better. 


She did wake up this morning saying that it hurt really bad but the good news is, the tongue heals very quickly so she should be back to normal in no time. 

I'm noticing there is a pattern associated with this time of year at our house.  For some reason, when spring comes, the girls are a little more crazy and busy and energetic and usually we have accidents and bad luck that comes along with it.  Here's to hoping for an accident and injury free spring!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Crazy! I can't imagine biting through my tongue! Tough girls!!!