Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tuff Lil Girl

This past weekend, Nate and I planned to go celebrate our Anniversary by actually going TO a restaurant. When we got back to pick up the girls from my in-laws (thank goodness for them) Hailey and Addy headed out the door when all of a sudden Addy burst into tears and Nate held her tight. He said her finger got smashed. Hailey was pulling the door closed behind her and didn't realize Addy's hand was still in the door.  Addy cried pretty hard and whimpered for the rest of the night till bed.  The next morning, we woke up to find that her poor finger had turned completely purple and black.  I almost took her to insta-care because I really thought it might be broken, but she was able to move it pretty good, so we've just kept an eye on it and it seems to be healing pretty well. She's one tuff little girl because since the day after it happened, she hasn't really complained about it at all. 


The next day, at church, a little boy squeezed her finger, then shoved a chair over on top of her. She was pretty upset, obviously, so she spent the rest of Primary on my lap in my class.  
Of course that has to happen the day after a traumatic experience to her finger. :-(

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Poor Addy! That looks super painful! I hope that little boy wasn't mine--although I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was. Get better soon!

Pays said...

Ouch! Poor girl! Thanks for your comments on my blog. It will be fun to keep up with your darling family!! See you Saturday.

Lori