Thursday, October 9, 2008

Being Quirky

I have been tagged to list 6 things about me that are quirky. It is REALLy late and I'm so exhausted from a very long car ride with my girls that I may have to finish it in the morning. Otherwise, it may not make ANY sense at all.

1. I have a list of words that I HATE! Before I was married and when I had roomates, I had a list of words on the fridge that everyone knew I hated. Those of you who know me well, know these words and know that they make me cringe EVERY time I hear them. My brothers make a point of using every single one of them every time I visit.

2. I have to keep a night-time routine with my girls. It may be more of a mental thing than something that actually works, but my sweet little Hailey has always been very good at sleeping through the night and NOTHING keeps me from doing my usual night-time routine because I fear that it might break that good sleep record. There have been few occasions where I have let my mother or mother in law put her to bed, however, it's still something that I feel the need to do on a nightly basis. Besides, I LOVE putting my girls to sleep. There's just something sweet about saying prayers and singing her songs to help her sleep. :-)

3. I HAVE to make sure the doors are all locked at night. Even if I wake up in the middle of the night and can't remember if I locked them, I will go around the house and check every door to make sure.

4. I always go in and check on my girls before I go to sleep. With Hailey, it use to be I would make sure she had a binkie in her bed... now that she no longer has that, I go in and remove several stuffed animals that she has insisted on taking to bed with her (with the exeption of Toshi, her bear). With Addy, I just make sure she is still tightly snug and wrapped all comfy.

5. I can't stand to just HANG out in a messy house. Once I get my girls to bed, I usually will go around and just 'pick up' because I can't be content sitting and hanging out unless my house is somewhat cleaned.

6. I can't stand to have smelly babies. As most of you know, my girls have been bottle fed. I HATE the smell of old, dry formula. Therefore, I usually will either change their clothes a TON.. or rub lotion on their clothes so it masks it a little.

Rules:
1.Link to the person who tagged you
2.Mention the rules on your blog
3.Tell 6 unspectacular quirks about you
4.Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting
them know they've been tagged.

Jessie Megan Kristi Carmen Jamie Marci

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Your cute :)... even with a few quirks. And actually I don't think what you wrote was really quirky. Hmmm... I guess I just like quirks.

What is the list of words that you hate to hear?