Friday, July 22, 2011

Disgruntled Neighbor


I got yelled at this morning.

We have a new neighbor. Well, sort of new. She's been here for a few months, but we all know that she basically is disgruntled. I've heard stories from other neighbors but never really saw for myself till this morning. A while back, I got an email from a friend warning me that she's a little crazy and doesn't like anyones animals in her yard. Well, I was grateful for the warning, but still hadn't really had any of my own run-ins so I hadn't thought about it much.

So, we're getting ready to leave, the girls and I when Hailey runs inside and is frantic because she says 'a mean girl is hitting scratch.' (Scratch is our cat-and a great cat at that.) So I go outside to see this person going after our cat with a huge stick. Scratch runs across the street to our house and is sitting on the porch by us when she starts waving the stick at us from across the street. At this point, the girls are scared. I'm trying not to laugh because I cannot believe someone could be so crazy.  I tell her that i'll put him inside, to which I did, and the entire time i'm putting him inside and walking my kids to my car, she's YELLING at me at the top of her lungs. Half of which I cannot understand. So I continue to hurry in my car, and make the u-turn to head the other direction from which I was parked, to see her slam her front door at me, then peer out her window and glare like you would not believe.

Now, I understand some people just don't like cats. That's ok. But REALLY? He is the sweetest cat ever and i'm not the only one in this neighborhood with cats, that's for dang sure. I just don't understand why people get so stinkin' disgruntled. I can't tell  you how many times I have gone outside and found dog poop in my yard when we don't even have a dog! But I don't go outside yelling at people and waving a stick around to ward off bad spirits or something. Sheesh!!!

My girls are so so so scared of her now and keep asking me if we can move so we don't live by her anymore. haha. It was a bit of a traumatic morning.  I guess there has to be ONE in every neighborhood, right?

6 comments:

Kris said...

Wow - that's crazy. It's like something you'd see right out of a movie! I didn't think people were actually that mean. Someone called animal control on Hoodoo a while ago but I think I'd rather have that than someone beating him and my kids being scared.

Emily said...

Yikes! I'm sorry. Hopefully she's a renter and doesn't stay long-AT ALL! She's crazy.Maybe you can call animal control on her...?

Kristy said...

That woman is completely psychotic. I can't wait til she moves out of here. Or until we do. She makes me crazy!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

Wack job to the max! Haha I loved what you said about waving a stick around to ward off bad spirits. Maybe she is a witch? I wish we had an animal that we could go send to poop on her lawn or something :)

MEG said...

Are you sure it was a stick? Or was it one of those thatch brooms that people used in the 50's...or in foreign countries? Where does one get a broom like that, anyway?

I saw the same woman down my way beating said thatch broom against the chain-link fence to scare the neighbor's dogs While she screamed at them. Dan and I stood there and then looked at each other and busted up laughing.

There are some taboos in the states that she hasn't learned about, that's for sure. Just be careful scratch doesn't end up in a stew ;)

Unknown said...

I think you should move.