Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sweet Dreams & Silly Ones To



We have a tradition. It was started by Nate. Every morning when the girls wake up we ask them if they had any dreams.  After they answer yes, we ask them what they were about.

With Addy, her response is always the same: "Elephants & Giraffes & Zebras"

Hailey, on the other hand, has had some pretty lively dreams. I wanted to write some of them down before I forget them.


*****


Hailey: "I dreamed that our whole family was in Tom and Jerry, the show on tv. Only Scratch was friends with Tom and they were chasing Jerry.  You were in it, and Dad was in it and Addy was in it. Me and Addy were watching Scratch and Tom chase Jerry, then Jerry did silly things and me and Addy were laughing really hard."


*****

Hailey : "Me and Addy were running through a castle and we were trying to save the princess."

Me: "Who was the princess?"

Hailey: "Princess Aroura..  or maybe it was you"

Me: "Awe, well who were you trying to save the princess from?"

Hailey: "Daddy"

*****

Hailey: "I was at Daddy's softball game and I had bug spray on me, then a mosquito landed on my arm and said 'I suck!'"

Me: laughing hysterically since we never say that word around the girls and it was just funny.

*****

Hailey: "I had a dream last night that I went with Maya's family to the store!"

(Maya is Hailey's BFF that lives next to us)

*****


Hailey: "Mom! I had a dream that a T-Rex was chasing me!"


Me: Oh no! That's kind of scary!


Hailey: "Naw, he was my friend"


*****

I love hearing about their adventures they had while sleeping safe and sound in their bed. There is just something magical about a childs dreams. I've made a commitment to write down their dreams in the mornings, that way I can make them a 'DREAM BOOK' some day.  (Or maybe it's just for me to cherish, but I think they'll appreciate it too.)



1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Great idea to write them down!! I'm sure the girls will love that in the future. I love that they were saving you from Nate too...sounds about right. ;) Just kidding. Haha.