Saturday, December 31, 2011

Disney On Ice


Since I was a little girl, I've wanted to see Disney On Ice. What most people don't know about me is that I'm pretty obsessed with anything Disney. Oh, and Ice Skating.  When I was a teenager, I had Disney movie posters on my wall as well as pictures I had laminated from my Ice Skating magazine I had a subscription to.  I cried the day that Sergei Grinkov died and I read the biography of he and his wife Ekaterina Gordeeva.  I watched the winter Olympics intently and recorded on our VHS as may ice skating shows and competitions I could find.  Those who knew me as a teenager would say that my obsessions were a little different from most teenagers. I still have just about every Disney cartoon memorized and recite them every night for my sweet girls. Nate makes fun of me every time but deep down, he's glad that I have that connection with my kids and that I can entertain them in ways that most cannot. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but they like it. :-)

So, after that tidbit about myself, we took the girls in November to the big show.  Here are some pictures from our night at Disney On Ice!!








I'm not sure who enjoyed the night more, me or the girls. It's a toss up, but mostly I enjoyed seeing the looks on their faces every time a new act would come out or listening to them sing all the songs at the top of their lungs.  They have me to thank for that... :-)

I have a little connection with someone at the ESA so we got some pretty sweet tickets for a pretty sweet price!

No comments: