Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FACEBOOK

I sit here writing a new post while I look like I just got in a fight. I went to the dentist this morning and got the heck numbed out of me. My kids think I look weird. Not that I haven't heard that before. :-) But since I don't really feel like doing anything else that I should be doing like cleaning, laundry, etc, I'm looking back on the last year without Facebook and realizing that i'm STILL so glad that I got out of it.

It's been a year and 3 months since I cancelled my Facebook account. It's amazing how time flies. After all this time and hearing about things people are posting on there, I have to admit, I really don't miss it. Sure, there might be little things here and there like pictures and videos that I don't get to see, but for the most part, I'm grateful for the freedom I feel with having more time to do more important things.  I realize that to many people Facebook is important and that's ok. To each their own. But, for me, I don't need it. I don't want it. I'm glad to be out of the drama that it sometimes brings.  I just really can't believe that it's been so long!!

One thing I do hate. I hate that with some websites that I would like to join or get emails from, yadda yadda, I have to have a Facebook or Twitter account and I think it's lame.  It makes me hate Facebook that much more. :-) Just kidding.. I know it's not their fault. But still, come on now, really?  I guess those sights don't deserve my business anyways. (now i'm just making myself feel better.)

One year and counting....   thanks to freedom and more time.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Haha! I was thinking almost this exact same thing earlier this week--right down to being frustrated that you have to have FB/Twitter for certain things. But I'm so glad to be done with it and all the drama! I feel left out sometimes--people just assume that you're on facebook and therefore don't need to actually talk to you--but I'm glad for the freedom to focus on so many more important things than what that one girl who was in my 6th grade class is feeding her kids for lunch. :)

Brittani said...

Wow!!! Has it been that long? I got rid of mine when I moved here to Jeff city. it was a bit of a transition for me, I have to admit, with not many friends and no family in the area, but I spend so much more time with my sweet little boy, and not to mention cleaning and other things that I should be doing! I do still talk to the people that I care about and that care about me, not the people that I kind of knew for a while and would never talk to on the phone!

Carmen said...

I am glad you like that you are not on facebook, but I am one of the ones who is extremely grateful for it. I am plenty busy, and anyone who questions that just doesn't know me. But, when I have a minute it's nice to be able to reconnect with people who I don't have the opportunity to see or touch base with as much as I would like to. I had a baby shower the other day, all with friends that I have not seen face to face in 18 months but it felt like it had not been long at all. We were all up to date on each other lives, new babies, family happenings and so forth and it made it that much more comfortable and fun. I always feel the same way about family reunions as well. I don't feel like just because I don't talk to someone on the phone, I don't want to keep up with them and keep in touch. I don't have time to be calling all of the people who are impoartant to me and I am sure you don't either, but facebook gives me a place to catch up in just a few seconds. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you should have it and I am glad that you have felt good about not having it. Importance is all relative. I don't enjoy doing crafty things or cooking and so I don't do those things. That doesn't mean they aren't important to someone else. Anyway, like I always do, I just had to put my two cents in. Love ya sis.