Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Happenings Part 2 Guinea Pig Babies

This post doesn't have a lot to do with the actual Christmas Holiday, but it's something we have been watching and hoping for EVERY day this month.  Our sweet guinea pig Pepper had babies!!  I came out of the girls room after putting Addy down for a nap to see a new little friend staring at me from inside the cage. I could NOT believe how big they were. How in the heck do they carry such large babies??? Crazy. So, Friday Dec. 9th, these two made their debut into the world.






this is Pepper, the poor mother in her last days of being prego.


The idea has always been that we would keep a girl to live with Pepper, and then probably give the male or males to a family member or close friend.
I think my plan failed, because I'm pretty sure both babies are boys.
Now, we have to re-think our plan. :-)
They have been a lot of fun. Hailey takes really great care of them.

No comments: