Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Shoes

Hailey's always been a little smarty pants. Since the day she was born. She's also been very independent. Since the day she was born.
I've always bought velcro shoes or slip ons because they are just easier and faster and for the most part, cuter than shoes with ties. Well, Hailey's been wanting Twinkle Toes Sketchers for quite some time now. She got them for Christmas and I was thinking it was time she learned to tie her shoes anyways, right?
One day we were running out the door and on the way to the car, I noticed she was wearing her sketchers. I asked her if she needed help tying them and she turned to me, showed me they were tied in DOUBLE knots and said, "No, I got it mom." Totally surprised, I said who taught you to tie your own shoes? 
She responded: "I did. Last night. I practiced for a bit."
Then on to the car she skipped.
Love her.

1 comment:

Brittani said...

I miss that spunky little girlie! She is such a smartie! Miss you too!