Thursday, August 2, 2012

Blessed Week

The week after the 4th was an EXTREMELY special week for our family. We all got to be part of some pretty special moments with our little nephew Benson and his mommy and daddy, Carmen and Ben.  Benson became part of our family in January of this year. It was a special time and a very exciting time, but this week has been the week to look forward to since the day he was born.  Carmen and Ben were able to legaly finalize their adoption of Benson and I was blessed enough to go to the courthouse with them and witness the very moment that he was proclaimed 'theirs' by Judge McDade. It was emotional and so great to hear Carmen's response to "what has having Benson as part of your family meant to you?" (not word for word)







A few days later, we were able to be part of an even more exciting event.  Carmen and Ben were blessed to be able to have Benson SEALED to them in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple.  
This was such a special day.  That morning, I had a conversation with Hailey and Addy about why we were going to the temple that day. It was a great chat with my two sweet girls. 

When they brought Benson into the Sealing Room, he was a little shy at first but once he sat next to his mommy and daddy, he was just filled with joy and happiness. He could not have been sent to more perfect parents.

(I stole these pictures from Carmen's blog)




I stole these pictures from my sister in law Jess.  K, I actually asked this time, but either way, I did not take them. :-)


Through Carmen, I've been able to meet some pretty cool girls. 
Some of them are Twilighters that I get to hang out with at the movies. :-)


The Johnson Sister-in-laws
(the coolest sister in laws EVER)


The next day, we got to attend the blessing of Little Man Benson.



Carmen and Ben had us all over to their house after for some yummy food!




I had to post this picture just because I was impressed with Addy's picture taking ability. All the girls wanted some oatmeal after a long (fun) day.


Again, we are SO happy to have little Benson a part of Carmen and Ben's eternal family and also a part of ours.  He is such a sweet boy and will always have a special place in this family.
Welcome Benson! 
We love you!


No comments: