Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Preschool!!

We've known for a long time that we wanted Addy to go to the same preschool that Hailey went to. Kids Village far exceeded our expectations for Hailey's start to education and I was so excited to sign Addy up for her first educational experience there. If you want to read more about their school, you can see my blog post here or their website here.

I've been really nervous for Addy. She doesn't do well in social situations, but she REALLY loves learning.  We've been getting her all excited and the day finally came. She was ready. She went to bed last night really nervous and had a hard time falling asleep.  This morning, however, she woke up SO excited and got dressed right away.  





The good news about this situation is that Addy is very familiar with this school. She knows all the teachers, well, most of them.  Some of the teachers there have become very good friends of mine and I couldn't be happier with my choice to send her there.

This morning, we dropped Hailey off at Kindergarten, then headed up to Orem to Kids Village.  I dropped her off with Farrah, Hailey's teacher last year, because I knew that would be easiest for Addy.  Farrah then would take her to her class when the time came. It worked great. On my way out, my friend Robin said she'd keep an eye out for her in case she was having a hard time.  An hour or so after I dropped her off, Robin texted me to let me know that Addy was having a great time.  I was so incredibly grateful for that text and to Robin for taking the time to give me piece of mind.

The time came to pick her up and I went inside to do so.  I looked into her classroom and saw her sitting on the carpet square with everyone else. They were listening to her teacher, Miss Kathleen read them a book.  I opened the door, she saw me and had the BIGGEST grin on her face ever.  I carried her out to the car and the whole time she had a smile bigger than I've ever seen from her.  She told me all about her first day and how fun it was. She told me about her two new friends that she made. One was named Sarah and the other was Addy.  She was excited that they were both 4 just like her.  She told me about her art class and how she made a picture of herself with red hair.  She said she had fun in kitchen but they didn't make any food today.  She said her teacher Miss Kathleen was very nice and she liked being in her class a lot.

We drove to Hailey's school to pick her up and she wanted to wait in the car while I walked to the front of the school to get Hailey. Once I got to Hailey, she said "How was Addy's first day of preschool?" I loved that she was thinking of her baby sister.  I told her to ask Addy herself and then she sprinted to the car.  Addy told her how fun it was and Hailey just listened and asked her questions about the teachers and classes. I was in heaven listening to their conversation and how much they wanted to know about each others day at school. I have the best little girls ever.

First day was a success and i'm so excited for her to have and enjoy this journey. And I'm grateful for my friends who are helping her to do so.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

WOOHOO!!! This just made my heart so happy! I'm thrilled that she had a great first day. :)

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

So excited for her. What great news!! She looked so cute and Hailey is looking fabulous in her uniforms!!!

Unknown said...

So so glad it went so so well!!! You have great girls! We need to hang out.