Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Two Wheels!!

Hailey's been wanting to ride her bike without training wheels for some time now, and i'm a horrible parent for not helping her learn sooner. The truth is, it's hot outside and i'm an introvert lately so the thought of running around outside in the heat of the afternoon just didn't sound very appealing. Rude, I know.

Yesterday, we were hanging out over at our neighbors house while the girls played on the slip-n-slide. Hailey wandered over to a bike in the yard that had no training wheels.  She was just kind of  'walking' around while sitting on it. My neighbor, Abby, was telling me how it was easier for her kids to learn on a 'small' bike. (that was the same bike Hailey's was playing around on) Next thing I knew.. she was yelling "MOM! Look at me!!!"

I look up to see her riding that bike all by herself.  She was so excited to show daddy when he got home from work.  I love that she pretty much taught herself how to do it. She's so ambitious.  Such a little smarty pants.  


That night, Nate had a double header at the Provo fields so she asked if she could take her bike (well, Addy's bike).  She was all over that ball park. She became a pro so fast. She was weaving in and out, riding on grass, gravel, standing up while riding, etc.

Way to go Hailey!!!


My little Hailey is growing up WAY too fast these days.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Woohoo, SO awesome! Good for her. She is so grown up. Make her wear a helmet, haha.

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

This is how Kristen did it as well. I'm not surprised that Hailey just did it. She is fearless!! So fun.