Monday, October 6, 2014

Roofing!

Damon and Summer needed a new roof. We had planned on helping them out on Saturday. My parents were here to help as well and my mom and I took all the kids to go do some things and get them away from the chaos.  Well, the one-day project turned into a 4-day project but it was so fun. After Saturday, grandma was on kid duty and Nate and I were up on the roof playing with power tools.  I absolutely love power tools and it was a blast. The only part of the project that was lame was when I stepped on a nail that went right through my sandal and into my foot. I had to get a tetanus shot and an antibiotic which then turned into needing another antibiotic to get rid of an infection I contracted from the first one. It was crazy.
One morning after all the roofing craziness, Nate came inside and told me I should move my parents car. I went out to see why and I had to take a picture of how close my dad got to the neighbors car the night before when he came home really late from roofing.  I'm pretty sure he couldn't do that again if he tried. When I showed him the picture, he had no idea he was that close. He must have been really tired. It was a hot, sweaty project but all in all, it was a good time and it looks great now! 












No comments: