Sunday, October 5, 2014

Women's Conference

A year ago, I was really struggling with a miscarriage and randomly,
this old roommate of mine, Tiffany, called me to ask why I was cancelling my Facebook account.
I haven't talked to her since before I got married.
I told her of my personal reasons and we began talking about life and catching up a little. This is one of those moments where I knew my Heavenly Father was looking out for me.
Some things that she said to me that day will stick with me forever.
One of those things was that she asked if I had ever gone to womens conference at BYU.
I never have. Even though I live 5 minutes away from campus. She told me that she goes every year and makes it a girls weekend. She flies out to Utah and spends the weekend on campus.  She told me
that she thought I needed to plan to go the following year. After a lot of thought and mental preparation, I decided to go.
First of all, I got to see my friend who I haven't seen in so long, so that was really great. Second, it was such a great weekend for me. I got to go to classes that I felt were meant just for me. I heard talks that will stay in my brain forever.  My sister in law Summer made plans to come to some classes with me on Friday and that was really so much fun to have her along. Carmen also met up with us 
for a class. I have decided that I need to make this a yearly tradition for myself.
And I am forever grateful to my friend who followed a prompting to invite me to join her tradition.


No comments: