Monday, June 17, 2013

Bedroom Remodel

Since we moved into this house, I have wanted our room to feel like a sactuary. A place that is my favorite room in the house. I've gone through many different color schemes and looks and I think we finally got it right. At least for us, the way we like it. 

It started out dark brown, which was cool for about a day. Then, it was just too dark and made our room look dirty and cluttered. This room is where the laundry gathered, the extra toys that were brought in while mom got ready for the day. It collected pretty much everything. It's not a super giant room so our furniture along with the dark walls just made it look even smaller.  So, it was time for a change. For my birthday this year, Nate gave me some new tools (which I was seriously so excited about) some cash money and the promise to remodel our bedroom. 

These are the before shots:






This was before we got the purple sheets to match the curtains... And before we added the splash of color with the blue and coral.



Nate used his super genius brain and put all the cables through the wall so nothing hangs down from the tv. Now, our room is complete and I absolutely love it. It looks like a spa room and I couldn't be happier. One thing Nate and I have always been good at is working on projects around the house. I'm so happy about how this turned out.


1 comment: