Thursday, June 20, 2013

Triathlon

These girls could not be more excited to see Grandpa and Grandma. They hadn't seen them since Christmas and it was already MAY!  They came on a great weekend because Addy had a dance recital and Summer had her triathalon.



Oh yeah, and my dad brought his sweet Bow and Arrow so of course we had to play a bit.
My first shot was well, not exactly a target hit, however, if I tried it again, I definitely couldn't do it.
I had my dad helping me get set up and I released prematurely when the arrow went flying and it went right through a tiny hole in the fence and stuck right into the neighbors hose. Woops!



I redeemed myself though.


The next morning, Summer had her first triathlon.  We felt so bad for her because the weather had been beautiful, but of course on this morning, it was FREEZING!  Luckily, we were able to park RIGHT where the finish is and the kids were able to get in the van and watch a movie while she finished. She ended up with the chain coming off her bike at one point as well as getting a flat tire on the back tire and not really realizing it till the race was over, so she rode on a flat tire for a good portion of the bike race. 




Damon and I hanging out and waiting for her to come around the corner on her bike to take some pictures.


 Coming through the finish line.









We were all very proud of Summer.


No comments: