Friday, June 14, 2013

Homeward Bound

The morning we left Miami, we stopped at IHop for a quick little breakfast, then off to the airport to return our rental car. The girls had so much fun on our trip, but they were completely exhausted. As were Nate and I. I had a backpack full of things to keep the girls busy on the long day of traveling. Even still, they had moments of boredom and asking the "how much longer" question. They were also very excited to be on a plane as well.  On one of the flights, we noticed they had changed our seats and we were all scattered throughout the plane. I of course was not ok with this so we had to take our tickets to an attendant and have them fix the problem. We then ended up in the very back of the plane right by the engine and we couldn't hear eachother unless we talked really loud. It was quite annoying for two and a half hours. At least we were together though.  On the flight to Dallas, Addy fell asleep 10 minutes before we landed, poor thing. We let everyone get off the plane before waking her up. Our layover was a few hours so it wasn't a big deal. While we were in the Dallas airport, we got some lunch and then just hung out. All of a sudden, I started feeling really sick and I wasn't even sure I could make it on the plane. I was super dizzy and faintish. It was really weird, but we made it home eventually. When we got to Salt Lake City, we had Grandpa Scott waiting for us with our van to take us home. On the drive home, Grandma Valerie texted me to tell me that she had dinner waiting for us. That was a great thing to come home to.











The girls were able to keep their braids in for a couple days after the trip but then I couldn't handle it anymore and we took them out.



1 comment:

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

LOVE these posts. What an unforgettable trip! So jealous:). A Disney cruise is now on my bucket list!