Sunday, June 9, 2013

DISNEY!!!!!

The day finally came to wake the girls up at 4:45 am and get out the door for the airport. Grandpa Scott was the lucky one who agreed to drop us off that morning. I remember waking the girls up and both of them sat up in bed with the BIGGEST grins I've ever seen. They were unbelievably excited for this trip for three reasons. One, they were excited to fly on a plane for the first time. Two, they were excited to be on a big boat in the ocean. Three, it's DISNEY!

For these same reasons, I was overly excited for them and the adventure we were about to experience as a family. You see, there is a reason for this trip that is dear to my heart. I was a afforded a sum of money left to me when my grandfather died.  Nate and I discussed how to best use this money and make it memorable. We decided that taking a bit of it and using it towards a family vacation would be the perfect idea. We were right! 


We arrived at the airport and the girls were ecstatic. They were asking a million questions in minutes. Their lips were constantly moving. I had packed a backpack with things they could do on the plane, puzzles, coloring books, magnets, etc.  Of course, they wanted nothing to do with their bag of stuff once we got on the plane. The way they had placed us on the plane was two seats by the window in one row and the same seats in the row behind. Each of the girls had a window seat and Nate and I sat next to them. I was with Hailey on the first flight and Nate was with Addy.  I remember that when the plane started to pick up speed, the girls eyes got SO big. They couldn't contain their excitement. After we were in the air for a bit, it was time to dig through the bag of entertainment.  One thing I remember being so annoying on the flight was that I asked the flight attendant if they had any snacks for the kids. She said yes, but that it was an extra charge of $3.00. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  Lame!


 Our first stop was Dallas, TX.  We had a 2 hour layover in the Dallas airport so we went to get lunch at Fudruckers. Yes, they have a Fudruckers in the Dallas Airport.
Then, our flight was called, and on to Miami we went. The next flight, I sat with Addy and Nate was with Hailey.



Once we got to Miami, our ride to our hotel came shortly and we were off to get some R&R after a long day of travels.  First, we needed some food! The restaurant in the hotel was on the top floor and had a great view of Miami. Besides, there was a stage with a disco ball and we got to watch Latinos getting their groove on while we ate our dinner. Good times.





After dinner, it was time for some much needed sleep. And that concludes the first day of our trip. 





1 comment:

Carmen said...

So glad these posts have finally begun, I kept checking to see if they were here. Lovee that you guys got to do this and I love all the pics and details. I noticed in the picture of you and Addy that she totally has the exact color of your eyes and the exact shape of her daddy's eyes. So fun. Can't wait to read the rest.