Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lunch! By Hailey Johnson

I got a letter stating that Hailey was to come to a special assembly regarding a group at school called Story Studio.  I was confused because other parents I had talked to had no idea what it was or had not received a letter about it. So, I went to her teacher and asked what it was all about. She simply said that Hailey was chosen to be part of a special group on Mondays where she went with other kids in the school of all ages and they learned about writing stories. They did group workshops where they worked on computers and studied the art of writing children's books.
I was pretty stunned since I didn't know about this and i'm at the school ALL. THE. TIME.
Yet, I was really excited to see what it was all about, even though it was an assembly taking place AFTER kindergarten had already got out for summer.
So, we went to see what it was all about and to my surprise, I learned that through this whole course, Hailey had written and illustrated her OWN children's book.  They presented it to her at this assembly in the school library and I couldn't wait to see it. It was made into a hard bound book and they school ordered a second copy to keep in the school library for kids to check out and take home! I was so proud of her.

Her story is about a cheetah (surprise) who is hunting for his lunch.
It's witty and entertaining and such a cool thing she got to be a part of.





No comments: