Thursday, June 20, 2013

Busted Sprinkler Line

Last fall, Nate and I noticed that the grass was really squishy in one spot. We kept saying "we need to get that fixed" or "We need to find out what's causing this" only, we never did.
So, this spring, when we turned the sprinklers back on after the winter season, I noticed the spot getting 'squishy' again.  So, one morning while Nate was at work, I realized it was getting pretty bad so something needed to be done. I decided to just tackle the project myself so I turned off the water supply, grabbed a shovel, then carefully started digging. I had to find where the leak was coming from and once I did that, it was off to home depot to grab what I needed.  I called my dad and he walked me through the things I would need to purchase.  I was super excited to buy pipe cutters. Any excuse to buy new tools and I'm a happy camper. I get just as excited buying new tools as I do buying new clothes. It's weird. There was this guy at home depot looking at me funny and asked, "what project are you doing?" I told him I was fixing a busted sprinkler line.  He then responded "ahhh.. fun Saturday project for your husband, huh?" When I told him that I was actually the one fixing it, he kind of cough/laughed in his hand and pretty much walked away after that. I really get so annoyed when macho men think women are incapable of fixing things and such.
Well, HAHAHAHA to him, I say because a couple hours later, I tested the water line and NO LEAKS! I put the grass back together and there you have it.. FIXED!





1 comment:

Allison said...

Some guys are super dumb, you are a MIGHTY GIRL! Haha, you may be inspiring me to tackle some projects around here...